Thursday, July 16, 2009

Crime Wave

I haven't been a crime victim for a long time. But yesterday, as I got in my car, I noticed the backing of a little note pad on the driver's seat. Funny, I thought, I don't remember leaving that there. And one of my CDs was on the passenger seat. Funny, I didn't remember that either.

Then it hit me. I was right! I hadn't left those things there! I checked my stash of change that I keep for parking meters. Gone! Well, that was only a couple of bucks. But then I checked my glove compartment. No GPS!

I had just bought the GPS device about a month ago. Never had one before. It's great. And now it's gone.

Boy, it's really true what they say. I feel violated. I don't think I'll be able to look at my car the same way again. Not for a while, anyhow.

At least the thief didn't take the car. Or the registration. And there was no damage. A very clean job.

And he didn't take the CDs. I guess there's an advantage to my musical tastes. The one left out was the Mendelssohn.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Jack,

Under the rape shield law it would be illegal for you to disclose the make and model of your violated vehicle.