Thursday, March 15, 2007

More on the time stamp

OK, OK, I see now that it was my responsibility to tell Blogger that I was now posting from Eastern Daylight Time, not Eastern Standard Time. So I guess this post took a somewhat unfair dig at Google. But still, hmm . . . . couldn't Google's Blogger program have guessed that I, in the Eastern time zone, just might, possibly, maybe, have moved my clock forward on the same day as every other American as mandated by Act of Congress? Did I really have to tell it that I was not staging a one-man protest against the time change and still keeping myself on Standard Time while everyone else was on Daylight Time? As an old colleague of mine used to say whenever he made some similarly absurd adjustment to his computer, "someday computers will do this for us."

No comments: