Saturday, July 4, 2009

In Her Own Words

"People who know me know that besides faith and family, nothing is more important to me than our beloved Alaska. Serving her people is the greatest honor that I could imagine."

Therefore, I'm resigning as Governor.

"It may be tempting and more comfortable to just kind of keep your head down and plod along and appease those who are demanding, hey, just sit down and shut up. But that’s a worthless, easy path out. That’s a quitter’s way out. And I think a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just kind of hunker down and go with the flow."

Therefore, I'm resigning as Governor.

"There is such a need to build up — and fight for our state and our country and I choose to fight for it. And I’ll work very hard for others who still believe in free enterprise and smaller government and strong national security for our country and support for our troops and energy independence and for those who will protect freedom and equality and life. I’ll work hard for and I’ll campaign for those who are proud to be American and who are inspired by our ideals and they won’t deride them."

Couldn't do that as Governor.

"I sure don’t want anyone, any Alaskan dissuaded from entering politics after seeing this real climate change that began in August. No, we need hardworking, average Americans fighting for what’s right."

Therefore, I'm resigning as Governor.

No comments: