Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Big Day for the Blog

Welcome to the many new readers who checked out this blog yesterday, as a result of publicity it got from other bloggers. Special thanks to my GW colleague Dan Solove of Concurring Opinions and to my old friend Eugene Volokh of the Volokh Conspiracy. I'm very new to the blogosphere and only hope I do half as well as these national experts.

Amazingly enough, I've known Eugene Volokh for over 25 years -- we were at math camp together! I was quite the math nerd in my younger days, and attended a summer program at Hampshire College for high school students bitten by the math bug. Eugene was a whiz kid even then -- he was five or six years younger than the rest of us. Also in attendance that year was Lisa Randall, who went on to become Harvard University's first tenured woman theoretical physicist and who was recently named the 61st-most influential Harvard graduate by the magazine "02138."

I lost track of Eugene for a long time but re-ecountered him after we'd both switched from math to law. Thanks for the link, Eugene.

No comments: