Thursday, April 10, 2008

No More Pencils

I just taught my last class -- for 15 months! Now I just have to get through every professor's second-least-favorite task -- writing my exams -- so that I can then do every professor's least-favorite task -- grading the exams -- and then -- yes! -- it's time for my sabbatical.

May 18 is the truly magical date. That's Commencement. After that, I am not required to be any particular where on any particular day until August 2009. Oh yes, this is what professors dream about. It only comes once every seven years, but we're thinking about it for the other six.

Of course, I hasten to add, a sabbatical is not a vacation. I'll be working hard on writing projects. But boy, it sure will be nice to work anywhere and anywhen I want.

Bring on those exams! I can't wait to be done with them.

No comments: